bhyve max virtual CPUs

Allan Jude allanjude at freebsd.org
Wed Jun 4 00:22:33 UTC 2014

On 2014-06-03 20:16, Steve Wills wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Currently it seems bhyve has a max of 16 virtual CPUs, is that right? Or am I
> misunderstanding something? And if so, can we get that increased to 32 at
> least?
>
> Thanks,
> Steve

It does have that limit.

I asked about increasing it and was told that it can be done by editing
a value in one of the .h files or something, but the reason it wasn't
higher was that it didn't scale nicely, and they wanted to reword how it
works.

I would definitely be interested in this, as we run video transcoding
(uses a LOT of cpu) on 24 or 32 core machines, and we'd like to pass
more of the cores into the VM.

--
Allan Jude