Public Service Announcement: The name is "bhyve"

Michael Dexter editor at callfortesting.org
Fri Jan 24 12:30:31 UTC 2014

On 1/24/14 2:53 AM, Michael Gmelin wrote:
> Recent bhyve progress is quite impressive by the way.

The curse of making a list is...

Tycho definitely deserves a huge thanks for his work and we all owe our
thanks the original vendor that supported Neel and Peter's work on bhvye
because they:

1. Wanted it to be a FreeBSD project, rather than a <vendor> project
2. They could have thrown it over the wall and not allowed the
developers to make it more suitable for our needs on the outside
3. They could have gone with a more restrictive license
4. They could have gone open core
5. They could have patent-encumbered it at length

This is a historic change of strategy in the world of open source.

Michael