Public Service Announcement: The name is "bhyve"

Michael Gmelin freebsd at grem.de
Fri Jan 24 10:53:20 UTC 2014

On Fri, 24 Jan 2014 02:46:06 -0800
Michael Dexter <editor at callfortesting.org> wrote:

> On 1/24/14 2:41 AM, Michael Gmelin wrote:
> >> Haters gonna hate?
> >>
> > Lack of attention to detail != hate.
>
> I guess you didn't see the phoronix.com article on bhyve a few months
> ago. :) They pulled the worst of it.
>
> The whole "BSD is dying" or "is poo" in their case FUD is still very
> active in various circles and you never know.

Oh I've seen it and I usually ignore Phoronix and its comments for
exactly this reason, but in this case serverwatch reported on the
topic in a factual/neutral way and just got the details wrong. It
doesn't seem like a high margin website to me, so they probably
didn't spend much time on it ;)

Recent bhyve progress is quite impressive by the way.

--
Michael Gmelin