RFC: hyperv disk i/o performance vs. data integrity

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at FreeBSD.org
Sun Feb 9 22:41:44 UTC 2014

On Sat, Feb 1, 2014 at 9:24 PM, Aryeh Friedman <aryeh.friedman at gmail.com>wrote:

> Craig Rodrigues and the FreeNAS team have done a fantastic job already (I
> have not personally tried FreeNAS yet but I have heard nothing but good
> things about it) and making it so it can run on a bhyve instance.

Thanks for those kind words.  At the 2013 FreeBSD Vendor Summit,
I gave this presentation:
http://www.ixsystems.com/whats-new/jenkins-bhyve-and-webdriver-continuous-integration-testing-on-freenas/

which shows how I am using BHyve to test FreeNAS.
BHyve is rough around the edges, but it works really well for testing.
BHyve is improving every day.

I encourage anyone in the BHyve community to download
a FreeNAS 9.2.1 ISO and test booting it inside a BHyve VM.
See this link for download details:
http://forums.freenas.org/threads/announcing-freenas-9-2-1-release.18278/

Booting the FreeNAS ISO inside BHyve is a great way to test out BHyve (and
FreeNAS).

If you find FreeNAS-specific problems you can report them
at:
 http://www.freenas.org/support/

That web page  has links to our bugtracker and online forums.
That way there is no need to clutter this mailing list with
FreeNAS-specific stuff.

--
Craig