CFT: Very rough draft of PetiteCloud 0.2.4 (Linux as a host)

Kurt Lidl lidl at pix.net
Thu Feb 6 16:21:49 UTC 2014

>    1. We'll be creating our own mailing list as soon as we can solve these
>    technical issues:
>
>            a. Mailman (under apache22) seems to insist on being on port 80.
> We have no machine that is on the public internet that has 80 not used by
> tomcat. Any ideas on how to fix this? (Both machines are at RootBSD and
> have 9.2-RELEASE on them.)

This part is easy.

You run a reverse proxy on your external IP address, and then you have
it pass stuff for one virtual host to the server running tomcat,
and have it pass requests for the mailman host to the server running
apache22.

Those "servers" could just be processes on the same machine, bound to
different ports, or they could be complete virtual machines.  It's
entirely up to you as to how to implement and run it to best serve
your interests.

-Kurt