Duplicating code from NetBSD

Edward Tomasz Napierała trasz at FreeBSD.org
Thu Apr 17 13:00:06 UTC 2014

Wiadomość napisana przez Abhishek Gupta (LIS) w dniu 17 kwi 2014, o godz. 03:01:
> Hi folks,
>
> Newbie question so please excuse the naivety. If someone were to copy a few functions from NetBSD in to their FreeBSD kernel mode drivers then is it still possible to submit the code in to the FreeBSD tree under the FreeBSD license? If not then would the community accept the copied code cleanly separated out in a file and licensed under the NetBSD license? Please let me know if there is an acceptable procedure to do this or if this is a complete NONO.

It all depends on the license.  If the code is licensed under standard BSD
license, then it's perfectly ok to commit it to FreeBSD.  In fact, a lot of things
got ported from NetBSD, just grep for it in sources.