installing FreeBSD 8.4 in bhyve

Steve Wills swills at FreeBSD.org
Thu Apr 10 18:09:43 UTC 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to install FreeBSD 8.4 in bhyve, but running into some issues.
Sysinstall doesn't seem to like the disk. In the partition editor, I get:

Disk name:      vtbd1                                  FDISK Partition Editor
DISK Geometry:  0 cyls/0 heads/0 sectors = 0 sectors (0MB)

Offset       Size(ST)        End     Name  PType       Desc  Subtype    Flags

         0  209715200  209715199        -     12     unused        0

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? This is using the 8.4 Release disc1 iso on
11-CURRENT r264056. I'm using virtio-blk for both the cd and hd. Should this be
working?

Steve