KVM filesystem sharing

Andre Goree andre at drenet.net
Thu Apr 3 19:01:09 UTC 2014

Hello list.  I wanted to ask if anyone has been able to make filesystem
mounting work under a FreeBSD guest?  For example, I've added the
following to the guest's xml config using 'virsh edit':

<filesystem type='mount' accessmode='mapped'>
<source dir='/tmp/shared'/>
<target dir='tag'/>
</filesystem>

However, I don't know how to mount the above from within the FreeBSD
guest.  That which is instructed to do so on Linux guests does not work
on the FreeBSD guest:

root at freebsd9-test:~ # mount -t 9p -o trans=virtio,version=9p2000.L tag
/mnt/shared/
mount: tag: Operation not supported by device

The hosts OS is Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.  Thanks in advance for any answers on
this

--
Andre Goree
Email     - andre at drenet.net