maturity of hyperv

Abhishek Gupta (LIS) abgupta at microsoft.com
Sun Sep 29 19:41:31 UTC 2013

The drivers will work with both 32-bit and 64-bit systems. There are no known issues as of now.

I am guessing that by libs you mean to ask if there is good user mode tool integration. As of now we do not have much tool integration as the drivers are pretty basic in nature and provide storage, networking, timesync, heartbeat, kvp, shutdown support only. However we intend to continue adding more features and would love to hear any requirements that you may have.

I haven't looked very closely at bhyve however I suspect that the differences may be substantial. You will have to test this a bit on your own and we would be very interested in hearing your feedback.

Please let me know if you have further questions.
Thanks,
Abhishek