maturity of hyperv

Abhishek Gupta (LIS) abgupta at microsoft.com
Sun Sep 29 19:14:21 UTC 2013

Hi Aryeh,

Do you mean to ask if Hyper-V is mature as a platform or if the Hyper-V drivers for FreeBSD are mature enough?

If you meant the platform then I would encourage you to give it a try. My guess is that you will be pretty blown away with the stability, feature set, usability and cost advantage. Furthermore, it is no secret that Hyper-V is gaining significant share in enterprise virtualization deployments.

If you were referencing the drivers then they are more or less ready. We have a few kinks to work out and are actively working on addressing them.

Thanks,
Abhishek