Latest current -CURRENT (rev 255904) panics with "device hyperv" on XenServer 6.2

Shanker Balan mail at shankerbalan.net
Fri Sep 27 16:30:05 UTC 2013

(Doing a proper reply all now)

On 27-Sep-2013, at 8:34 PM, Roger Pau Monné <roger.pau at citrix.com> wrote:

> On 27/09/13 16:59, Shanker Balan wrote:
>> Roger,
>>
>> Thank you very much for looking into the issue.
>>
>> Can I have a SVN version of the patch? "patch" does not seem to like
>> the diff (or maybe I am using it incorrectly)
>>
>> root at fxen1:/usr/src # patch -n  < ~/xen_hyperv.patch
>> Hmm...  I can't seem to find a patch in there anywhere.
>
> $ patch -p1 < /path/to/patch
>
> should work AFAIK, this is a git generated diff. If it still doesn't
> work applying it by hand shouldn't be that hard.

Patch works for me on XenServer 6.2.

root at fxen1:~ # uname -a
FreeBSD fxen1.lab 10.0-ALPHA3 FreeBSD 10.0-ALPHA3 #1 r255912M: Fri Sep 27 15:27:19 IST 2013     root at fxen1.lab:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/MYKERNEL  amd64
root at fxen1:~ #

root at fxen1:~ # sysctl -a | grep ^device | grep "xen\|hyper"
device	hyperv
device	xenpci

Thank you very much.

Regards.