bhyve and AMD

Anish akgupt3 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 21:20:29 UTC 2013

> (Anish - is nRIP required ?)
Yes, nRIP is required and it will be hard to find AMD processor with SVM
support that doesn't have it. We used Phenom II for bhyve port on AMD which
is 2+ years old and has RVI and nRIP support. I use
http://instlatx64.atw.hu/ to check SVM CPUID capability and looks like
after Phenom II, all of them have both of SVM features.

CPUID func 8000000A: 00000001-00000040-00000000-0000000F

                                                      ^^

reg[0] LSB = 0x0F indicate that it has NP/RVI(Bit0) and nRIP(bit3) support.

Regards,

Anish