Trying Hyper-V support from the svn project source - panic booting kernel?

Abhishek Gupta (LIS) abgupta at microsoft.com
Wed Sep 11 00:38:10 UTC 2013

Hi Karl,

Sorry, that you are having trouble with the drivers. We have never hit a panic before even when compiling the current branch to test. I will have our team look at the latest code in the current branch today and ensure that any issues are taken care of. One thing I wanted to ask is if you have witness support enabled? Perhaps witness support for testing might get you past the boot stage.

Simultaneously we are working on FreeBSD 9.1 ports and as of now that is the only other way to get functional Hyper-V drivers.

You have caught us in the middle of the development cycle. If you could just wait for a few more days, you will see detailed instructions from me on the mailing list. Otherwise please wait until tomorrow so I can get this sorted out.

Thanks again for your interest in our drivers.
Abhishek