Using wlan0 device over tap0 device with BHyve?

Mike C. miguelmclara at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 02:00:11 UTC 2013

I run into this problem too, and in my case my laptop (where I'm testing
bhyve) only has one NIC and its wireless!

I have an ath card "MAC spoofinc" is not availeble, so for now I opted
for nating with PF and I assign manual IP's to the host tap0 and the
guest's vtnet0.

However it would be nice to be able to do this with DWDS, my router
supports WDS and can act has an AP!
I know freebsd supports DWDS but I couldn't find much info on how to set
it up as a client....

If I could get it to work It would allow the bridge to work!

If anyone knows how to do this or were I can find more info please share!

Melhores Cumprimentos // Best Regards
Miguel Clara
*nix Sys Admin Freelance