bhve bug report: attempting to physical DVD drive for install CD is unbootable

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at FreeBSD.org
Tue Oct 1 01:35:33 UTC 2013

On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 4:51 PM, Aryeh Friedman <aryeh.friedman at gmail.com>wrote:

> [...]

It's not the most elegant solution and can potentially use a lot of disk
space, but you might want to consider something
where in the petitecloud UI, if /dev/cd[n] or /dev/acd[n] is used as the
input device,
you rip the CD ( see: http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=1195 )
and then pass the ripped ISO file as a parameter to bhyvectl.

I ran into a related problem with FreeNAS:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-virtualization/2013-August/001484.html
I'm actually fixing the FreeNAS installer so that it will work with BHyve.

--
Craig