Running bhyve on a AMD 1075T Phenom

Gyrd Thane Lange gyrd-nani at thanelange.no
Thu Nov 28 15:32:36 UTC 2013

Den 27. nov. 2013 21:50, skrev Michael Dexter:
> On 11/27/13 6:12 AM, Gyrd Thane Lange wrote:
>> I appears the AMD patches for the vmm module have not made it to CURRENT
>> yet. Would it be easy to prepare a patch-set? Or give me some hints on
>> how to do it myself?
>
> Correct. Did you try one of the SVM snapshots linked at bhyve.org or
> build a bhyve-svm project branch yourself?

This is my main machine at home that is in continual use for everything,
so I'm hoping to avoid changing to a different branch. But I can briefly
try dual booting with a spare disk containing the project branch to find
out if my machine supports bhyve at all.

To clarify: I'm already aware of the bhyve-svm project branch, but
rather than run the full branch I'm hoping for some insight into which
commits (in the branch) are essential in running bhyve on AMD.

Gyrd ^_^