bhyve - non *bsd guests

Scott Pilz scottp at solarus.net
Wed Nov 27 04:54:24 UTC 2013

 	Correct, the hardware itself is a blade off of an Intel Modular
Server. These blades act and perform (and basically are) like any normal
server. igb interfaces, SCSI direct access drives, nuttin special about
the setup. I'll throw the dmesg.boot out here if anyone wants it (but I
don't think it will help in this case).

 	The *BSD guests running (including the various versions of FreeBSD
and FreeNAS) are running great (limited to one processor, various memory
for each ranging from 512MB to 2GB). I ubench'd each system as well and
they perform nearly as well as the host (the numbers in the end were so
close it didn't count, in fact). I'm very impressed, and excited, on where
this project is going. Despite the higher security compared to jails, the
idea of not having to use dozens of fwds and complicated ipfw statements
has me truly excited.

 	Scott