[Xen-devel] FreeBSD PVHVM call for testing

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at crodrigues.org
Fri May 24 22:21:56 UTC 2013

On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 7:14 AM, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <
konrad.wilk at oracle.com> wrote:

> On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 07:41:50PM +0200, Roger Pau Monné wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I've pushed a new branch, pvhvm_v10 that contains a PV IPI
> > implementation for both amd64 and i386. I've also updated the wiki to
> > point to the pvhvm_v10 branch:
>
> I feel a bit stupid to ask this, but how I install 'gmake'? Doing 'pkg_add
> -r gmake'
> tells me there is no package (perhaps I am using a too modern version of
> FreeBSD
> (FreeBSD-10.0-CURRENT-amd64-20130512-r250582-release.iso)?
>
> The Wiki mentions how to install git but that fails b/c it can't find
> gmake.

For 10.0-CURRENT, not all the packages are available yet from the main
FreeBSD.org ftp site.
I am going through a similar setup issue with someone who has signed up for
Google Summer of Code,
and I need him to use close to the latest 10.0-CURRENT and have a usable
system.

I wrote this blog post for the student:
http://blogs.freebsdish.org/rodrigc/2013/05/24/setting-up-a-vm-for-doing-gsoc-work/

You may wish to follow those steps to configure your system to download
packages from
one of the 3rd party pkg mirrors, and then use the "pkg" command to install
gmake and whatever other packages you need.
Outback Dingo has mentioned using "pkg" command for installing packages in
10-CURRENT, and that is
what I am instructing my GSoC to do.

Good luck.
--