headerless guest under bhyve

Dan Mack mack at macktronics.com
Tue Jun 25 14:16:42 UTC 2013

On Mon, 24 Jun 2013, Aryeh Friedman wrote:

> How do I make it so I do not need to allocate a xterm to being the
> console for a bhyve guest? (so far I have not been able to make it so
> I can break the connection to the console and the guest doesn't crash)

I have a screen session running and keep all the bhyves running in it ...

  # screen -S bhyve
  # cd /vms/system1
  # ./vmrun.sh system1
  # <detach or create new screen for another vm>

I would prefer a serial console based scheme obviously where they could
run completely headless.   Screen is nice because at least I have
configurable scrollback and such.

dan
--
Dan Mack