VirtualBox and HAL instructions from the handbook

David P. Caldwell david at code.davidpcaldwell.com
Thu Jun 6 13:19:39 UTC 2013

I can confirm it is necessary for mouse capture to work properly.

If it's not installed to /usr/local/share/hal/... by the port, and it
appears not to be, I think that's a PR either for the handbook or the
port, but I'm not sure which it should be (suggestions welcome).

Although you can hand-type it in (and the handbook actually includes
this as an option, to its credit) it seems to me that if it's static
content, having it available for copy makes more sense. (Or should the
port simply install it to the correct location? I don't see a reason
why not but I am not an expert.)

-- David Caldwell
http://www.davidpcaldwell.com/