run bhyve vm headless

Marat Bakeev hawara at Hawara.com
Thu Jan 31 13:00:46 UTC 2013

Hello!

I`m trying to run bhyve on 10-CURRENT, from
http://svn.freebsd.org/base/projects/bhyve,
and i would like to run vm in headless mode, to start them from rc.d script.
When running 10-CURRENT guest, i simply removed -S 31,uart from bhyve
command, and the guest started fine.
When i`m trying to do the same with 9.1-RELEASE (plus virtio modules),
it only starts with the -S 31,uart option,
without it vm seems to do nothing at all - it never answers ping, no ssh
etc, and there is no way for me to see what is happening inside,
dmesg and messages logs are empty.
Are there any ways to run vms in background, or to detach from console,
if guest is started with the -S uart option? Or am I using this wrong?

Thanks.