vtnet cannot allocate interrupts

Neel Natu neelnatu at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 01:21:35 UTC 2013

Hi Marat,

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 10:56 AM, Marat Bakeev <hawara at hawara.com> wrote:
> 11.02.2013 22:34, Bryan Venteicher пишет:
>
>> Recent bhyve changed to use MSIX instead of MSI. I wonder if that
>> is causing this. If you do:
>>
>> $ BHYVE_USE_MSI=true bhyve ...
>>
>> does it work?
>>

> No, it won`t work, but it seems i had msix disabled in loader.conf, as in
> example from here - http://www.emulsoft.com/bhyve-ufs.txt.
> I enabled msix, and the vtnet device is now loading fine.

Glad to hear.

> Do I need other options in loader.conf, like these?:
>
> smbios.bios.vendor="BHYVE"
> console="userboot"
> hw.pci.honor_msi_blacklist="0"

No, you don't need these anymore.

Here is a simple set of instructions that should get you started:
http://people.freebsd.org/~neel/bhyve/bhyve_instructions.txt

They do not have all the bells-and-whistles as some of the other
HOWTOs but it should get you a working VM in a short amount of time.

best
Neel