break to debugger in bhyve

Julian Elischer julian at freebsd.org
Mon Dec 16 01:10:00 UTC 2013

On 12/16/13, 8:27 AM, Michael Berman wrote:
> I’ve tried the various kernel and sysctl options, and it may be the way I am starting bhyve but I can’t seem to get a the FreeBSD guest to enter the kernel debugger with a hotkey.
it depends of course on which 'console' you are using,,  for serial
console with /dev/nmdm you can use the ALT_BREAK_TO_DEBUGGER
option so that {enter| {~} {^B} will drop you into the debugger.
When I was doing this last I had the console on the first serial port
and the debugger on the second.
(that's why I wrote the nmdm node.)