Panic starting a bhyve guest after resume

John Baldwin jhb at freebsd.org
Thu Dec 12 20:12:56 UTC 2013

If I suspend and resume my laptop and then try to start a guest after the
resume, I get an odd panic.  It generates a privileged instruction fault (in
kernel mode) for 'vmclear'.  I've checked CR4 and it claims that VMXE is set.
I dont have any other ideas off the top of my head on what I should be poking
at?  It looks like we read a bunch of MSRs in vmx_init(), but we don't write
to them, and all vmx_enable() does on each CPU is set VMXE in CR4 from what I
can tell.

--
John Baldwin