legacy irq patch and e1000 emulation

Jeremiah Lott jlott at averesystems.com
Thu Aug 15 19:34:14 UTC 2013

Here is a small patch for automatic legacy irq assignment.  I found that when I called:

pci_lintr_request(pi, -1);

It was always asserting and not able to find an irq.  It is because the pci devices were being initialized before the lirq structure in pci_emul.c.  The attached patch fixes the problem.

Related, I noticed Peter mentioned Intel NIC emulation work in a recent email.  Is there work going on in this area?  I've been kind of hacking on an implementation for a 82545EM card.  Freebsd drive lem driver can probe it at this point, but it's still got a long way to go before it is functional.  I'd hate to be duplicating work that is already done, though.  Thanks,

  Jeremiah