bhyve installation problem freebsd 8.3

s vas sree.openwrk at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 19:02:01 UTC 2012

Hi Peter
I was able to successfully run through the steps and start running the
virtual machine. However, once I start the guest, the host freebsd machine
hangs.

I have installed the freebsd host in x86_64 machine.  This is the hw spec.
sysctl -a | egrep -i 'hw.machine|hw.model|hw.ncpu'
hw.machine: amd64
hw.model: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     E7500  @ 2.93GHz
hw.ncpu: 2
hw.machine_arch: amd64

1. Is it that Bhyve is not fully running in 64 bit amd or x86 processor? Or
2. Is it that Byhve runs on 64 bit x86 but not 64 bit amd? If so, then I
will send the steps I followed along with the dump details.

Thanks