VIMAGE and pf?

Stefan Bethke stb at lassitu.de
Sun Jun 19 20:40:34 UTC 2011

Am 19.06.2011 um 05:07 schrieb Julian Elischer:

> On 6/18/11 3:53 AM, Stefan Bethke wrote:
>> Is VIMAGE supposed to be compatible with pf?  On r223207 (8-stable) I'm getting a panic when pfctl loads the rules:
>

> no they are not compatible.. there are comatibilty patches but we have so far failed to get them into the tree.

Aw, too bad.

I'm trying to get some processes, maybe a full jail, to use a seperate ADSL (PPPoE) connection as their default route, and I'm a bit flummoxed by the options.

It seems that pf won't allow me to reference jails in rules (according to pf.conf(5)), but I could have those processes run as a certain user.

Alternatively, I think I should be able to use setfib(1) with ROUTETABLES.  Any advice on how I would configure mpd5 and/or a jail?

Thanks,
Stefan

--
Stefan Bethke <stb at lassitu.de>   Fon +49 151 14070811