CentOS in a FreeBSD jail howto

John Nielsen lists at jnielsen.net
Sat Oct 9 20:38:49 UTC 2010

This is a followup to my thread "linux-only jail possible?" of a few
months ago. I've been pretty successful in my efforts and now have a jail
which contains only CentOS binaries and runs Python, Apache, sshd,
PostgreSQL, yum, rpm, etc without problems. Since that's what I plan to
use for my current project I haven't tested much else but I expect good
results from many other common programs and use cases.

I have documented my notes on the FreeBSD wiki. Thanks to bz@ for getting
me access. Please look it over and give it a try if you have any
interest:

http://wiki.freebsd.org/Image/Linux/CentOS55

Please let me know if you encounter anything inaccurate or incomplete in
the howto, or if you have comments or additional information about it.

Please trim the CC: list on replies.

Thanks!

JN