limitations on jail style virtualization

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net
Mon Nov 15 07:45:07 UTC 2010

On Sun, 14 Nov 2010, Julian Elischer wrote:

Julian,

> this sort of dovetails into something I've been thinking about for a while,
> which is NUMA support.

really good thoughts, but bad timing and wrong target audience I
think.

1) first of all you want the basic underlying OS support all sort of
    things and as we know people are working on things here and there
    and it's not only NUMA.

2) before 1) is rock solid I will not even think about how to leverage
    it for VIMAGE.  It would really just be a waste of time; it will
    however be a good idea to make sure that the proposals people come
    up with in 1) will scale for VIMAGE as well, but that's a different
    story.  I am at least trying to keep an eye on the network stack side.

3) Before VIMAGE is NOT stable we MUST NOT introduce more complexity.

So if you are eager to work on this I am all for it and you should get
in touch with the folks doing 1).

/bz

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb                              Welcome a new stage of life.
         <ks> Going to jail sucks -- <bz> All my daemons like it!