Monthadar Al Jaberi monthadar at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 11:07:20 UTC 2010

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 1:35 AM, Julian Elischer <julian at freebsd.org> wrote:
> On 12/29/10 8:54 AM, Monthadar Al Jaberi wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am running FreeBSD Current 201010 on RouterStation Pro (mips CPU).
>>
>> I recompiled the kernel with the following options:
>> options         VIMAGE
>> device          epair
>> options         NULLFS
>>
>> but when I try to load ng_ether I get this error:
>> link_elf_obj: symbol ifnet undefined
>> linker_load_file: Unsupported file type
>> kldload: can't load ng_ether: Exec format error
>>
>> I can load netgraph, ng_eiface and ng_bridge fine.
>>
>> When I recompile kernel back to normal I can load ng_ether.
>>
>> I tried this on VBox image, and it loads ng_ether just fine with or
>> without VIMAGE.
>
> I think you need to recompile the ng_ether.ko node as well?  did you?

hmm, weird that netgraph and the others do load, buildkernel option
does build all the modules as far as I know.
But I solved it for now by putting these options in the kernel
configuration file:
option		NETGRAPH
option		NETGRAPH_ETHER

and checked that it is loaded with kldstat -v

Thank you!

--
//Monthadar Al Jaberi