can't find routing entry for network routes

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net
Sun Oct 4 11:42:21 UTC 2009

On Sun, 4 Oct 2009, Nikos Vassiliadis wrote:

Hi,

> It seems that some[1] routing requests fail when
> done in a vnet environment:
> r1# ifconfig epair0b 10.90/24
> r1# traceroute 10.6
> traceroute: findsaddr: write: No such process
> r1# route -n get 10.6
> route: writing to routing socket: No such process
>
> Any help?

I have outstanding patches that I haven't comitted yet to not
interfere with bugfixing of non-experimental things like the new
arp/nd6 code that will be shipped with 8.0-RELEASE while vnets are
still considered to be not really supported for that release (see the
warning upon boot).

Also the solution isn't possibly the right or best one but it works
for the moment.  Can you try the following patch:

http://people.freebsd.org/~bz/20090901-10-vimage-jailed_no_vnet.diff

If you are on FreeBSD 8.0-RC1 you'll possibly also need
 	http://people.freebsd.org/~bz/20090906-01-V_llatbl.diff
which is in HEAD but not yet MFCed to stable/8.

/bz

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb         It will not break if you know what you are doing.