Software for virtualisation for FreeBSD needed

Alexandre "Sunny" Kovalenko gaijin.k at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 12:36:41 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-10-17 at 14:55 +0200, Marco wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> iam using quite a time fbsd already, but one major drawback for myself
> is the missing virtualisation machines available for other operating
> systems. I'd like to have working virtual machines for lnx/bsd/win +
> other operating systems on fbsd as host. So maybe i live under a rock
> and missed some important developements in the last time, but is there
> any real vm like "vmware" or "virtualbox" working on fbsd besides "qemu"
> and "bochs"?
I am using VMware extensively on Linux and Windows hosts and QEMU on
FreeBSD host (with Windows, Linux and OpenSolaris guests) and the only
thing I am missing from the latter is the guest USB support. This is not
to say that there are no other differences. Maybe you can be a little
more specific about what you consider "real vm".

> Best regards,
>  Marco
Alexandre "Sunny" Kovalenko (Олександр Коваленко)