jail_set_vimage - Vimage under new jails

James Gritton jamie at gritton.org
Tue Jul 15 01:39:25 UTC 2008

I'd like to have "jail_set versions" of a lot of what's out there -
certainly what's being currently worked on.  My next target is Bjoern
Zeeb's multi-ip/no-ip/ipv6 extension (actually, I've got no-ip
already).  But I don't want to turn it all into one grand jail_set patch
without buy-in, as I don't know which patches have what kind of support.

Some things like vimage work well as prison services, using the provided
jail layering and remaining their own separate things.  But most of the
jail patches are extensions to the base jail stuff itself, and would
make more sense to just add to the existing jail code.  Some of these
changes re-appear in different forms in different patches.

- Jamie