eGalax USB touchscreen issues

Hans Petter Selasky hps at selasky.org
Sun May 23 08:48:51 UTC 2021

On 5/23/21 10:28 AM, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> You would have to search for this print in the code a figure out why it
> doesn't work. Might be a missing CONFIG option, needed for this device.

Hi,

I suspect device_add() returns -ENXIO . This just means that there is a
missing driver for this device.

Looking at the Linux sources again, it looks like this device should be
supported by generic HID.

Wulf, do we support these usages in our kernel HID drivers?

HID APPLICATION COLLECTION (Touch Screen) size(78)
   HID REPORT: ID 2
     INPUT:
       POS:0 SIZE:1 COUNT:2 [VARIABLE]
         USAGE Tip Switch