webcamd, usb and two webcams - only one works

Thomas Steen Rasmussen thomas at gibfest.dk
Thu Nov 26 20:20:54 UTC 2020

On 11/26/20 8:13 PM, Thomas Steen Rasmussen wrote:

> Anyway, since the APU only has the two external USB plugs I've been
> using, and that is the machine I need this to work on, this doesn't help
> a lot unfortunately. But it is a data point at least.
>
> /Thomas

Hello again,

OK, so I will have to wrap this up for today.

I've moved the cameras back to the APU. I can get both working, but not
at the same time. I will have to live with that for now.

One is intended for motion detection with the "motion" software, the
other is just for taking a snapshot of a control panel with some LEDs
occationally. When I need to do that I can power_off the one used in
motion and power_on the other one, take the snapshot, and power_off and
on again, and the other camera works again.

Thank you for all the help. Again :)

/Thomas