webcamd, usb and two webcams - only one works

Thomas Steen Rasmussen thomas at gibfest.dk
Thu Nov 26 15:36:50 UTC 2020

On 11/26/20 4:26 PM, Thomas Steen Rasmussen wrote:
> On 11/26/20 4:08 PM, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
>> On 11/26/20 3:38 PM, Thomas Steen Rasmussen wrote:
>>> I tried swapping the webcams around, the error is always with the
>>> second webcam connected (so video2), regardless of which webcam it is.
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Might be a bug in the XHCI controller driver or XHCI HW, that the
>> isochronous transactions don't get scheduling time.
>>
>> Do you have the possibility to test on another computer running FreeBSD?
>
> I do actually, let me get that setup.

Hello,

That was easy, webcamd and pwcview was already installed :)

I can confirm the same behaviour happens on an Intel NUC which has this
XHCI root hub:

uhub0: <0x8086 XHCI root HUB, class 9/0, rev 3.00/1.00, addr 1> on usbus0

/dev/video0 is able to take a snapshot with pwcview, /dev/video2 hangs.

/Thomas