webcamd, usb and two webcams - only one works

Hans Petter Selasky hps at selasky.org
Thu Nov 26 15:08:33 UTC 2020

On 11/26/20 3:38 PM, Thomas Steen Rasmussen wrote:
> I tried swapping the webcams around, the error is always with the second
> webcam connected (so video2), regardless of which webcam it is.

Hi,

Might be a bug in the XHCI controller driver or XHCI HW, that the
isochronous transactions don't get scheduling time.

Do you have the possibility to test on another computer running FreeBSD?

There is a debug knob for the XHCI controller,

sysctl hw.usb.xhci.debug

Try flipping it to 17 for a second while in the "timeout" state, and
then flip it back to 0. Prints end up in dmesg and /var/log/messages .
It might sched some more details into the exact XHCI error code.