HDMI video capture device

Steve Wills swills at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jul 8 03:10:16 UTC 2020

Hi,

I ordered one of these:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B089CR8S8K/

and it's recognized and works OK, but the frame rate seems a bit slow in
OBS-Studio compared to what I'm seeing from my Logitech C930e cam.

I decided to test on a Windows PC I happened to have and didn't see the
issue, so it seems to be a driver issue or some other sort of setting issue.

Comparing the two devices in usbconfig show_ifdrv, I see this for the
Logitech:

ugen0.8: <vendor 0x046d Logitech Webcam C930e> at usbus0, cfg=0 md=HOST
spd=HIGH (480Mbps) pwr=ON (500mA)
ugen0.8.2: uaudio0: <vendor 0x046d Logitech Webcam C930e, class 239/2,
rev 2.00/0.13, addr 20>

and this for the HDMI capture:

ugen0.9: <MACROSILICON product 0x2109> at usbus0, cfg=0 md=HOST spd=HIGH
(480Mbps) pwr=ON (500mA)
ugen0.9.2: uaudio1: <USB Digital Audio>
ugen0.9.4: uhid0: <MACROSILICON product 0x2109, class 239/2, rev
2.00/21.00, addr 21>

The only other difference I see is that looking at sysctl output I see
this for the Logitech:

dev.pcm.10.rec.vchanrate: 48000

and this for the HDMI capture:

dev.pcm.11.rec.vchanrate: 96000