can not receive xfer interrupt after stop xfer is called intel XHCI Gemini Lake SOC

Hans Petter Selasky hps at selasky.org
Tue Dec 31 10:54:31 UTC 2019

On 2019-12-31 01:23, Shichun.Ma at dell.com wrote:
> Dell Customer Communication - Confidential
>
> Hi HPS,
>
> It's already in stopped status. I am also confusing on the root cause.
> I attached the test application and my patch for the xhci stop xfer workaround solution.
> The confusing points:
> 1. cancel xfer error can be reproduced on all CCID smart readers (I have tested three different model of readers);
> 2. keyboard has similar endpoint attribution, while I can't reproduce similar problem on the keyboard;

Hi,

I suspect it is the newer XHCI hardware which has some additional
checks. Can you verify if the XHCI controller in your computer accept
multiple configure_ep() commands? The state diagram in the XHCI
specification does not say you cannot do this, but I imagine this might
be causing it.

The XHCI driver in FreeBSD configure one and one endpoint and not all at
the same time.

Can you try the attached patch instead of yours?