MackBookAir Keyboard CapsLock LED

James Wright james.wright at jigsawdezign.com
Sun Apr 15 20:46:35 UTC 2018

Hi,

   The caps lock LED on my MacBookAir keyboard isn't working so I'm
looking into fixing it. I've enabled debugging for the device by putting
the following in /boot/loader.conf;

     hw.usb.ukbd.debug=1

   With the debugging enabled and pressing the Caps Lock key I get the
following output;

     ukbd_intr_callback: [0] = 0x39
     ukbd_put_key: 0x39 (57) pressed
     ukbd_set_leds: leds=0x01
     ukbd_set_leds_callback: len=3, id=1
     ukbd_set_leds_callback: error=USB_ERR_STALLED

   I've looked through the relevant functions in
sys/dev/usb/input/ukbd.c but can't see anything obviously wrong, can
anyone give my some pointers on how to go about debugging this issue
further and ifxing it!

Thanks,
James