I'm experiencing g_vfs_done() error = 5 with more than one USB/HDD storage device on 11-STABLE when heavy writing.

Jakub Lach jakub_lach at mailplus.pl
Wed Feb 8 17:58:35 UTC 2017

Thanks for a reply.

Currently both of them are empty, usbtest looks promising,
I will look into it. usbdump might be too much for me.

As of now, I've hoped to take a disk dumps via USB, but it
doesn't look possible. Smaller writes (<50 G) are sometimes
ok.

Devices in question-

ugen6.2: <JMicron USB to ATAATAPI bridge> at usbus6, cfg=0 md=HOST spd=HIGH
(480Mbps) pwr=ON (2mA) (it's internally a <SAMSUNG HD322HJ >)

ugen7.2: <HGST TOURO S> at usbus7, cfg=0 md=HOST spd=HIGH (480Mbps) pwr=ON
(0mA), (it's a HGST HTS721010A9E630  using internally a USB bridge
[0x4971:0x1023 (0x100)])