Entering password at GELI prompt using USB keyboard

Hans Petter Selasky hans.petter.selasky at bitfrost.no
Sat Feb 1 14:12:14 UTC 2014

Hi,

The problem is not in the USB subsystem. Last time I looked into this, the problem was that syscons was going in a terrible polling loop, leaving no CPU for other subsystems.

Does the mountroot prompt work?

Polling for characters during early boot is a special mode of operation for the UKBD driver and it might conflict if there are multiple threads trying to get characters from the keyboard.

hw.usb.ukbd.debug=15

Might give you some clues. You might need to hack this into the ukbd.c driver when building the kernel.

--HPS