spin down a USB-attached disk?

Anatoly anatoly at kazanfieldhockey.ru
Tue Sep 24 09:13:58 UTC 2013

В Tue, 24 Sep 2013 10:01:53 +0200
Gary Jennejohn <gljennjohn at gmail.com> пишет:

Can't test it now on latest versions of FreeBSD, will test as it will
be possible, but on 5.x, 6.x and 7.x I always used like:
camcontrol eject 0:0:1
to "power down" sdcard slot on card readers before physically
ejecting sdcard. Don't know if it really shuts down the power to sdcard,
but LED goes off, and I think this is anyway safer.
So on those systems camcontrol worked trough USB stack.