ULPT error: ulpt_status_callback: error=USB_ERR_STALLED

Hans Petter Selasky hps at bitfrost.no
Mon Oct 28 09:49:09 UTC 2013

On 10/28/13 10:37, Aurélien Croc de Suray wrote:
>> You can try to edit the "sys/dev/usb/serial/ulpt.c" driver and remove
>> the reading of the status message.
>
> Please can you be more precise? I'm not sure what to do. And do you think this
> will solve the reading / writing problem?
>
>> I think your device might be counterfeit, given the bad spelling of the
>> manufacturer. This string comes from the device itself.
>
> Well, very nice... I bought it in a famous computer shop..
>
> Thank you again for your help

Hi,

Look for function "ulpt_watchdog()":

static void
ulpt_watchdog(void *arg)
{
         struct ulpt_softc *sc = arg;

         mtx_assert(&sc->sc_mtx, MA_OWNED);

#if 0 /* add this */

         /*
          * Only read status while the device is not opened, due to
          * possible hardware or firmware bug in some printers.
          */
         if (sc->sc_fflags == 0)
                 usbd_transfer_start(sc->sc_xfer[ULPT_INTR_DT_RD]);

#endif /* add this */

         usb_callout_reset(&sc->sc_watchdog,
             hz, &ulpt_watchdog, sc);
}