ULPT error: ulpt_status_callback: error=USB_ERR_STALLED

Hans Petter Selasky hps at bitfrost.no
Mon Oct 28 09:25:20 UTC 2013

On 10/28/13 10:05, Aurélien Croc de Suray wrote:
 >> Hi,
 >>
 >> Is this some kind of cheap clone, hence Prolofic is spelled wrong?
 >
 > It seems the company name is spelled wrong since the vendor ID
corresponds  to
 > Prolific Technology Inc.:
 >
 > # usbconfig -u 2 -a 3 dump_device_desc
 > ugen2.3: <IEEE-1284 Controller Prlific Technology Inc.> at usbus2, cfg=0
 > md=HOST spd=FULL (12Mbps) pwr=ON (100mA)
 >
 >    bLength = 0x0012
 >    bDescriptorType = 0x0001
 >    bcdUSB = 0x0100
 >    bDeviceClass = 0x0000
 >    bDeviceSubClass = 0x0000
 >    bDeviceProtocol = 0x0000
 >    bMaxPacketSize0 = 0x0008
 >    idVendor = 0x067b
 >    idProduct = 0x2305
 >    bcdDevice = 0x0200
 >    iManufacturer = 0x0001  <Prlific Technology Inc.>
 >    iProduct = 0x0002  <IEEE-1284 Controller>
 >    iSerialNumber = 0x0000  <no string>
 >    bNumConfigurations = 0x0001
 >

 >> Else there are two printer port devices:
 >> /dev/ulptX and /dev/unlptX
 >> Did you try both?
 >
 > It is the  same with /dev/unlptx..
 >

 >> Can you show a USB dump while opening these devices.
 >
 > You'll find three attached files representing the dump of the usb
activity when
 > I plug in the device, when I open and try to read on ulpt0 and unlpt0.

Hi,

You can try to edit the "sys/dev/usb/serial/ulpt.c" driver and remove
the reading of the status message. I think your device might be
counterfeit, given the bad spelling of the manufacturer. This string
comes from the device itself. The one that is supplied with FreeBSD is
spelled correctly:

 > grep -ri prolif /usr/src/sys/dev/usb/usbdevs
vendor PROLIFIC        0x067b    Prolific Technology
vendor PROLIFIC2    0x5372    Prolific Technologies

--HPS