usb/181987: USB isochronous transfer of the USB driver (Mentor Graphics OTG: musb_otg) is not working.

SAITOU Toshihide toshi at ruby.ocn.ne.jp
Tue Oct 15 13:20:02 UTC 2013

The following reply was made to PR usb/181987; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: SAITOU Toshihide <toshi at ruby.ocn.ne.jp>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: usb/181987: USB isochronous transfer of the USB driver (Mentor
 Graphics OTG: musb_otg) is not working.
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 22:17:17 +0900 (JST)

 In message: <525CE936.70800 at bitfrost.no>
             Hans Petter Selasky <hps at bitfrost.no> writes:
 > On 09/10/13 13:01, SAITOU Toshihide wrote:
 >>
 >>> Number:         181987
 >>> Category:       usb
 >>> Synopsis: USB isochronous transfer of the USB driver (Mentor
 >>> Graphics OTG: musb_otg) is not working.
 >>> Confidential:   no
 >>> Severity:       non-critical
 >>> Environment:
 >> FreeBSD bbb 10.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT #1: Mon Sep 9
 >> 23:34:15 JST 2013
 >> toshi at fbsd:/usr/obj/arm.armv6/usr/src/sys/BEAGLEBONE arm

 >> The patch attached is somewhat fixed the problem for the
 >> LOGICOOL C920 but still most UVC devices are not working.
 >>
 >> My guess is that the not working device requires three
 >> transactions per *microframe* for the data transfer rate as
 >> the video streaming but the current driver performs one
 >> transaction per microframe. The following page imply the
 >> existence of the undocumented setting to perform so.
 >> http://e2e.ti.com/support/embedded/wince/f/353/t/68966.aspx
 >>
 >>> How-To-Repeat:
 >>
 >>> Fix:
 >>

 >>> Release-Note:
 >>> Audit-Trail:
 >>> Unformatted:
 >>

 > Hi,
 >
 > Can you please test the attached patch and report back?
 >
 > --HPS

 I tried to use a UVC device using libusb but couldn't get
 the data. The latter patch was the same result.

 FreeBSD revision is 255933.

 When libusb_submit_transfer's call back is called,
 actual_length of libusb_iso_packet_descriptor is 0 or 12.

 A snippet of ``sysctl hw.usb.debug=4'' is below:

 musbotg_device_isoc_enter: start next=537
 musbotg_ep_int_set: ep_no=1, on=1
 musbotg_host_data_rx: ep_no=1
 musbotg_host_data_rx: csr=0x01
 musbotg_host_data_rx: csrh=0x00
 musbotg_interrupt: real endpoint interrupt rx=0x0002, tx=0x0000
 musbotg_host_data_rx: ep_no=1
 musbotg_host_data_rx: csr=0x01
 musbotg_host_data_rx: count=0x0a80
 musbotg_channel_free: ep_no=1
 musbotg_ep_int_set: ep_no=1, on=0
 musbotg_device_done: xfer=0xc2c080c0, endpoint=0xc2ac3cb8, error=22

 It seems that more data are collected...

 Thanks,
 --
 SAITOU Toshihide