USB config SX lock deadlock

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Wed Oct 9 10:04:52 UTC 2013

Hi,
We have a custom Cypress FX2 based data acquisition card connected to a FreeBSD 9.2 system.

Today the device disconnected
Oct  9 03:24:11 juskym kernel: ugsio0: at uhub3, port 1, addr 3 (disconnected)

and then some time later we noticed the data acquisition process was stuck in 'USB config SX lock' (and un-killable). I ran usbconfig and it also got stuck in the same wchan.

I tried rebooting it and got stuck with this on the screen..
usbus0: Controller shutdown complete
usbus1: Controller shutdown

I have previously run the same hardware on 9.0 (where there was a panic in devfs triggered if the DAQ card disconncted sometimes) and 9.1 (where I have not seen any problems).

Does anyone have an idea about how I could go about gathering more information if it happens again?

Thanks.

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum