usb/184014: USB storage devices do not work in FreeBSD 9.2 or higher.

Hans Petter Selasky hans.petter.selasky at bitfrost.no
Sat Nov 16 18:10:01 UTC 2013


The following reply was made to PR usb/184014; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: =?utf-8?Q?Hans_Petter_Selasky?= <hans.petter.selasky at bitfrost.no>
To: =?utf-8?Q?Stan_Gammons?= <s_gammons at charter.net>, 
 =?utf-8?Q?freebsd-gnats-submit=40FreeBSD=2Eorg?=
  <freebsd-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org>
Cc: =?utf-8?Q?Alexander_Motin?= <mav at freebsd.org>
Subject: RE: usb/184014: USB storage devices do not work in FreeBSD 9.2 or
 higher.
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 19:08:26 +0100

 This is a multi-part message in MIME format. Your mail reader does not
 understand MIME message format.
 --=_qiXxSFuoWz-pnk7Y1APBD2T7Nfe7TceKy+ijLVFwGBUrDUEF
 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
 
 Hi,=0D=0A=0D=0AFor permanent quirks, you need to edit sys/dev/usb/quirk/u=
 sb_quirk.c .=0D=0A=0D=0APlease submit a patch, thought we might want to i=
 nvestigate this issue further.=0D=0A=0D=0AStay tuned!=0D=0A=0D=0A--HPS=0D=
 =0A=20=0D=0A=20=0D=0A-----Original message-----=0D=0A> From:Stan Gammons =
 <s_gammons at charter.net <mailto:s_gammons at charter.net> >=0D=0A> Sent: Satu=
 rday 16th November 2013 18:52=0D=0A> To: Hans Petter Selasky <hans.petter=
 =2Eselasky at bitfrost.no <mailto:hans.petter.selasky at bitfrost.no> >; freebs=
 d-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org <mailto:freebsd-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org>=20=0D=
 =0A> Cc: Alexander Motin <mav at freebsd.org <mailto:mav at freebsd.org> >=0D=0A=
 > Subject: Re: usb/184014: USB storage devices do not work in FreeBSD 9.2=
  or higher.=0D=0A>=20=0D=0A> On 16/11/13 10:45, Hans Petter Selasky wrote=
 :=0D=0A> >=0D=0A> > Hi,=0D=0A> >=0D=0A> > See:=0D=0A> >=0D=0A> > usbconfi=
 g -d X.Y add_quirk XXXX=0D=0A> > usbconfig dump_quirk_names=0D=0A> >=0D=0A=
 > > Thank you!=0D=0A> >=0D=0A> > --HPS=0D=0A>=20=0D=0A> Hi,=0D=0A>=20=0D=0A=
 > When I use the following then insert the USB drive, I'm able to mount=20=
 =0D=0A> the USB drive.  So, that fixed the problem on 9.2 Release.=0D=0A>=
  I may have to do the same with 10.0=0D=0A>=20=0D=0A> usbconfig -d ugen4.=
 3 add_quirk UQ_MSC_NO_PREVENT_ALLOW=0D=0A>=20=0D=0A>=20=0D=0A> If I put u=
 sb_quirk_load=3D"YES" in loader.conf, will that fix it so I=20=0D=0A> don=
 't have to manually issue the usbconfig command every time=3F=0D=0A>=20=0D=
 =0A> Thanks for the help!=0D=0A>=20=0D=0A>=20=0D=0A> Stan=0D=0A>=20=0D=0A=
 >=20=0D=0A=0D=0A
 --=_qiXxSFuoWz-pnk7Y1APBD2T7Nfe7TceKy+ijLVFwGBUrDUEF
 Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
 
 <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://ww=
 w.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd"><html>=0A<head>=0A  <meta name=3D"Generator"=
  content=3D"Zarafa WebApp v7.1.4-41394">=0A  <meta http-equiv=3D"Content-=
 Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8">=0A  <title>RE: usb/184014: =
 USB storage devices do not work in FreeBSD 9.2 or higher.</title>=0A</hea=
 d>=0A<body>=0A<pre style=3D"white-space: -moz-pre-wrap; white-space: -pre=
 -wrap; white-space: -o-pre-wrap; white-space: pre-wrap; word-wrap: break-=
 word;" wrap=3D"">Hi,<br><br>For permanent quirks, you need to edit sys/de=
 v/usb/quirk/usb_quirk.c .<br><br>Please submit a patch, thought we might =
 want to investigate this issue further.<br><br>Stay tuned!<br><br>--HPS<b=
 r> <br> <br>-----Original message-----<br>> From:Stan Gammons <<a h=
 ref=3D"mailto:s_gammons at charter.net">s_gammons at charter.net</a>><br>&gt=
 ; Sent: Saturday 16th November 2013 18:52<br>> To: Hans Petter Selasky=
  <<a href=3D"mailto:hans.petter.selasky at bitfrost.no">hans.petter.selas=
 ky at bitfrost.no</a>>; <a href=3D"mailto:freebsd-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.or=
 g">freebsd-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org</a><br>> Cc: Alexander Motin <<=
 a href=3D"mailto:mav at freebsd.org">mav at freebsd.org</a>><br>> Subject=
 : Re: usb/184014: USB storage devices do not work in FreeBSD 9.2 or highe=
 r.<br>> <br>> On 16/11/13 10:45, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:<br>>=
  ><br>> > Hi,<br>> ><br>> > See:<br>> ><br>&gt=
 ; > usbconfig -d X.Y add_quirk XXXX<br>> > usbconfig dump_quirk_=
 names<br>> ><br>> > Thank you!<br>> ><br>> > --HP=
 S<br>> <br>> Hi,<br>> <br>> When I use the following then ins=
 ert the USB drive, I'm able to mount <br>> the USB drive.  So, that fi=
 xed the problem on 9.2 Release.<br>> I may have to do the same with 10=
 =2E0<br>> <br>> usbconfig -d ugen4.3 add_quirk UQ_MSC_NO_PREVENT_AL=
 LOW<br>> <br>> <br>> If I put usb_quirk_load=3D"YES" in loader.c=
 onf, will that fix it so I <br>> don't have to manually issue the usbc=
 onfig command every time=3F<br>> <br>> Thanks for the help!<br>>=
  <br>> <br>> Stan<br>> <br>> </pre>=0A</body>=0A</html>
 --=_qiXxSFuoWz-pnk7Y1APBD2T7Nfe7TceKy+ijLVFwGBUrDUEF--
 


More information about the freebsd-usb mailing list