FreeBSD USB Monitor Usage

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Sat Apr 20 15:08:57 UTC 2013

On Fri, 19 Apr 2013, Mehmet Erol Sanliturk wrote:

> Dears All ,
>
> There are USB monitors , such as :
>
> http://us.aoc.com/monitor_displays/e2251fwu
>

> In FreeBSD , is there a possibility to attach such monitors for displays ?

A small possibility.  There was a thread in 2011 about getting
DisplayLink drivers to compile.  As far as I know, USB monitors and
external USB/DVI/VGA adapters both use DisplayLink.

> My intention is to use Three such monitors to display
>
>  . stdin
>  . stdout
>  . stderr
>
> input - output values , with the regular display monitor in graphics mode
> such as KDE4 .

Alternatively, that output could be sent out over serial ports.  But I
think an easier and more reliable way would be to set up named pipes and
netcat or something similar to send it to three different windows on
another computer.