usb/177896: man page for usb_quirk suggests adding device to kernel which causes error

Leif Velcro velcroleaf at rocketmail.com
Wed Apr 17 05:40:00 UTC 2013

>Number:         177896
>Category:       usb
>Synopsis:       man page for usb_quirk suggests adding device to kernel which causes error
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
At the beginning of the usb_quirk(4) man page, it says:

To compile this module into the kernel, place the following line in your kernel configuration file:

           device usb_quirk

When I add that to my custom kernel and try to build, building fails with the following error:

config: Error: device "usb_quirk" is unknown
>How-To-Repeat:
# man usb_quirk